NOTE: These are new and original Houdini item. It is sent minus the blister packaging in a ziplock bag for protection in a A5 envelope. All printed material is included. Please note, the packaging print has changed and is different from the photo supplied.
The Houdini Stop Chest Strap is a device which prevents your child from taking their arms out of their car seat straps. It consists of two simple clips joined by a length of material.
The clips connect to each of the 2 car seat straps and hold them closer together preventing your child from wriggling out.
It can also be used with highchair and stroller harnesses to prevent children standing up and getting out.
What size harness does it fit?
- It fits over any single layer harness that is upto 38mm wide
Is it safe?
- Yes. The Houdini Stop chest clip has been crash tested at the Autoliv Test Facility in Melbourne, Australia. To the AS/NZC 1754 Standard. In short the Houdini Stop was found not to interfere with the performance of any part of the car seat. In all tests the Houdini Stop did not move up and have any contact at all with the throat area. Please see the crash test results page or contact me personally for further details
Is it legal?
- Yes. The Houdini Stop has been officially crashed tested & reviewed by ACRI. Check my site side buttons to read the great results.The Houdini Stop is legally allowed to be purchased as an accessory, and used on a wide range of harnesses. It is a aftermarket product, therefore a parent or caregiver can decide whether or not they would like to use it with their child.
Can it be used in replacement for an exisiting chest clip?
- Yes is can. it is universal. It should not however be used with an existing chest clip. Please ensure the old chest clip is fully removed before using a Houdini Stop
Will it work for my Houdini?
- It should do....The Houdini Stop, has more than a 95% percent sucess rate. Most young children are not dexterious enough, or strong enough in their pincher grip to work the release mechanism. The Houdini Stop can not be made 100% inescapable, as an adult needs to be able to easily work the release in an emergency situation. Most children actually begin to love having a Houdini stop and I have heard many stories about children insisting that their Houdini Stop must be put on.